Tuesday 5 March 2013

First Visit

Patrick ( from Germany) helping in the Veg Garden


     
















    I first visited the HUB Cafe at the Tasman Eco Village in November 2012.

 I first heard about the project when listening to an ABC radio article talking about Eco Villages and intentional communities in Sept 2102 and decided in November to visit.

Having a life time interest in gardening and back to earth sustainability I travelled to Hobart first then found my way down the Tasman Peninsula on the school bus to see the place first hand. I spent the week at Eco Village gardening, coffeeing at the HUB Cafe, and enjoying the facilities including the spa and indoor pool. The township of Nubeena and surrounds are on a bay and the beaches, bush and there are many scenic walks.

Over the last four months I have spent as much time at the Eco Village as I have back home on the mainland.

The Cafe features locally sourced food as part of the menu and a highlight of my last visit was to have a dish served that had greens and yellow butterbeans that had been grown 50 metres away in the kitchen garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment